Twenty – Two Reasons I Love Your Mother
Kids, I thought it would be a nice if I were to share with you a few of the many reasons that I love your mother! I also wanted to share these reasons with those who read her blog.
1. Mom is not pretentious. She may wish she was different in some areas, but she doesn’t pretend to be someone she is not.
2. Your mother is classy, and always has been. It comes to her as naturally as breathing.
3. I love your mom’s ability to be satisfied with less. At times, my inability to provide your mother with the thing many other women owned or enjoyed have been, for me, a rather painful source of regret. Never once in our married life has Mom complained about not having what others had, though she certainly deserved much more.
4. I just love the fact that Mom considers me her best friend! Rightly or wrongly, she hasn’t really pursued other friendships to the degree that other wives usually do.
5. Your Mother is an excellent administrator: I love that about her! She brings a level of organization that keeps everything running smoothly.
6. I love Mom for bringing our son, Gavin into the world; the world is a better place because of him!
7. I love Mom for bringing our daughter, Ally into the world; the world is a better place because of her!
8. I love Mom for bringing our daughter, Gates into the world; the world is a better place because of her!
9. I love your mother for the joy she has brought into my life over the twenty-two years of our marriage. Mom was, indeed, the wife of my youth that Proverbs 5 talks about.
10. I love how your mom is not daunted by large tasks of any kind: whether it’s 15 loads of laundry or painting a living room.
11. Mom has a loyalty to her family that only a mother could possess! It’s easy to love her for that.
12. I love watching your mom retell a story related to our marriage or engagement, or giving advice to people about romance. She allows her love for me to show on her face as she speaks. It can take my breath away.
13. I love your Mother’s eagerness to sit and dream with me about our future.
14. I love how Mom is willing to help me pull out of my periodic times of discouragement and malaise!
15. I love spending time alone with your Mother, I enjoy spending time with her.
16. I really love how your Mom loves spending time with me.
17. I love to see your Mother fully enjoying herself! Interestingly, some of the other qualities (responsibility, industry) that make me love your Mom actually work against her, making it rather difficult for her to stop everything and enjoy life. When Mom does, though, I love being there to see it!
18. I love looking into your Mother’s eyes during those special times of communication and connectedness; there’s nothing more wonderful as oneness of heart, soul, body, and mind!
19. I love your Mom for enjoying hearing me talk to her…
20. I love how your Mother’s care for all of you is like magnetic north—it will remain there, unchanged forever.
21. I love how your Mother will go out of her way to show love to me in a language she doesn’t naturally speak herself. I love how your Mom looks, and smells, and feels,… oohhh,… enough said!? Right Gates??
22. Most of all I love how you Mother loves the Lord with all her heart and has been willing to follow Him no matter where He led her.
Honey, I love you with all my heart. Thank you for a wonderful 22 years!